75 YEARS AGO..........1938
Reconstruction of the Keddie-Quincy bottleneck on the Feather River Highway will be undertaken as soon as the funds become available, the Plumas County Board of Supervisors was assured in a a letter received from California State Governor Frank Merriman this week.
50 YEARS AGO..........1963
The population of Plumas County is nearing 13,000, a figure indicated by school enrollment figures recently obtained from the Plumas Unified School District.
The Plumas County Chamber of Commerce office will move this week into new offices located on Bradley Street between Main and Lawrence Streets in downtown Quincy.
25 YEARS AGO..........1988
Plumas County fines for loose dogs have increased from $32.00 to $34.00 for the first offense, $50.00 to $68.00 for the second defense and the third time offense is now $102.00 from $100.00.
10 YEARS AGO..........2003
Plumas County Public Works Department director Tom Hunter announced that construction of the 52,000 square foot courthouse annex near Feather River College in Quincy will begin in July and will ultimately house the county departments of social services, mental health, drug and alcohol and veteran’s services.
Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.