USDA to hold jobs forum
The USDA is currently holding a series of job forums in most California counties to discuss job creation and economic growth.
The Plumas/Sierra counties forum is scheduled for 5:45-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27, at the
Calpine Elks Lodge , 71292 Highway 70 in Maybe.
Participants will discuss how to grow the economy and put Americans back to work. The primary focus will be on ideas to accelerate job growth in rural America. Some of the topics to be discussed are:
• Exploring ways to rejuvenate and promote local businesses;
• Creating jobs by rebuilding America’s infrastructure;
• Creating new opportunities from existing ones, such as with value-added agricultural products;
• Supporting job growth among small businesses; and
• Preparing workers for 21st-century jobs.
These forums are being led and organized by USDA Rural Development throughout the state. Co-hosting this effort is USDA’s Farm Service Agency and Natural Resources Conservation Service as well as a wide variety of local organizers: Economic Development Corporations, U.C. Cooperative Extension, Resource Conservation and Development Councils, California State Universities, Valley Health Network, Sierra Nevada Conservancy, Farm Bureaus, Tribal Governments, Self-Help Housing Groups, and many more.