|These are the stories we are working on for this week's newspaper:|
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 4500 FEET...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW ABOVE 4500 FEET REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY FOR THE WEST SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA...WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 6 INCHES ABOVE 4500 FEET AND 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ALONG THE CREST OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* TIMING: SNOW CONTINUING INTO THIS EVENING BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SCATTERED SHOWERS LATE TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED INTO THIS EVENING.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: INTERSTATE 80...HIGHWAY 50 AND HIGHWAY 88 ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* WINDS: LOCAL SOUTHWEST WIND GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH HIGHER ELEVATIONS EARLY THIS MORNING...DECREASING BY THIS AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BELOW PASS LEVELS MAY MAKE DRIVING HAZARDOUS DURING THE PEAK OF THE STORM AND CAUSE OCCASIONAL TRAVEL DELAYS.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
As weather warms up, golf courses open for season
Fore! That word is once again heard in the distance in Plumas County. As springtime springs into action, golf courses across...
California Outdoors for the week of 4/11/2014
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish and wildlife regulations don’t always keep up with latest technology Hunting with pellet rifles Question:...Read More...
Trojans baseball blows out Portola
Quincy’s Jake Wallace is cocked and ready to fire off a fastball. Wallace pitched the second game for Quincy at the Biggs tournament last weekend. File photo...Read More...