...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 4500 FEET...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW ABOVE 4500 FEET REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY FOR THE WEST SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA...WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 6 INCHES ABOVE 4500 FEET AND 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ALONG THE CREST OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* TIMING: SNOW CONTINUING INTO THIS EVENING BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SCATTERED SHOWERS LATE TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED INTO THIS EVENING.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: INTERSTATE 80...HIGHWAY 50 AND HIGHWAY 88 ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* WINDS: LOCAL SOUTHWEST WIND GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH HIGHER ELEVATIONS EARLY THIS MORNING...DECREASING BY THIS AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BELOW PASS LEVELS MAY MAKE DRIVING HAZARDOUS DURING THE PEAK OF THE STORM AND CAUSE OCCASIONAL TRAVEL DELAYS.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Greenville loses to American Christian
Greenville’s James Martinez rounds third and gives his coach Mike Chelotti a high five after hitting a homer during the Indians’ game against American Christian...Read More...
175 mile Sierra Nevada Relay to run through Plumas County
This gorgeous view of mountains towering over a valley is one of many that runners in the upcoming Sierra Nevada Relay will encounter. The relay starts at Donner...Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 5/16/2013
Unsettled weather has ended; time to hit the water Ben Williams, a Lake Almanor Fly Fishing Company Guide landed this monster rainbow from Goodrich Creek near...Read More...