Issued by The National Weather Service
3:37 am PST, Fri., Nov. 26, 2010
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST SATURDAY ABOVE 4000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING ABOVE 4000 FEET FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST SATURDAY.
* TIMING: PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AROUND MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY EVENING AS A FRONT MOVES INTO THE AREA. PRECIPITATION WILL BECOME SHOWERY SATURDAY EVENING.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE AROUND 5000 FEET WITH 8 TO 16 INCHES POSSIBLE ABOVE 6500 FEET.
* ELEVATION: SNOW LEVELS WILL BEGIN AROUND 4000 FEET AND LOWER TO AROUND 3000 FEET ON SATURDAY. LOCALLY LOWER SNOW LEVELS ARE POSSIBLE WITH COLD AIR TRAPPED IN SOME OF THE MOUNTAIN VALLEYS.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: CHESTER... QUINCY
* WINDS: SOUTHWEST WINDS GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES ARE POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY DUE TO SNOWFALL AND LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
Greenville hosts basketball tournament
Walker Myers makes the layup during Greenville’s game against Providence Christian last Friday. The Indians won 46-30 before continuing on to play two more teams...Read More...
Greenville pumped for successful season
Dominic Potts gets ready for the layup during one of Greenville’s games last season. The Indians had their best season in 10 years and hope to...Read More...
The fish are still jumping
Feather Publishing 12/6/2013 Jadyn Conover shows off the catch he got at Bucks Lake two weeks ago. The fish were taking the bait for this young man...Read More...