At its meeting Tuesday, May 10, the Feather River Community College District Board of Trustees will consider a resolution eliminating a total of 6.75 full time equivalent (FTE) classified staff positions.
According to the resolution, the reasons for the cuts are either workload-related, due to budget constraints, or a combination of the two.
The positions to be eliminated are:
- 0.50 FTE safety officer;
- 0.25 FTE senior library assistant;
- 1.20 FTE senior office assistant II;
- 0.40 FTE custodian/utility worker;
- 0.125 FTE recruitment assistant;
- 1.0 FTE faculty secretary;
- 0.25 FTE payroll officer;
- 0.85 FTE graphic artist/print services specialist;
- 0.4 FTE admissions and registration technician;
- 0.25 FTE instructional assistant, Hatchery/ Environmental Studies;
- 0.5 FTE assistant manager, fitness center; and
- 1.0 FTE director, Marketing and Outreach.
The reductions will become effective June 30, or 45 days following service of notice, whichever date is later. Given the uncertainty of Gov. Brown’s budget, it is unknown whether the board can rescind some or all of those reductions later.
FRC rodeo to open arena for anyone brave enough
This cowboy holds on for dear life during last year’s saddle bronc riding portion of the rodeo clinic at Feather River College. For the third year, FRC’s rodeo...Read More...
New class plans paddle fest
Quincy locals try out some human-powered boats at last year’s Plumas Paddle Fest, presented by the Outdoor Recreation Leadership program of Feather River College....Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 4/18/2014
Robert Paulson, of Meadow Valley, holds up the 23-pound Mackinaw he caught at Bucks Lake on April 6. Photo submitted