Plumasnews.com includes a sampling of stories that are featured in the weekly editions of Feather Publishing newspapers plus important breaking news as it happens. To get all the news that is important to Plumas County, subscribe to one of our weekly newspapers by calling 530-283-0800.
At its meeting Tuesday, May 10, the Feather River Community College District Board of Trustees will consider a resolution eliminating a total of 6.75 full time equivalent (FTE) classified staff positions.
According to the resolution, the reasons for the cuts are either workload-related, due to budget constraints, or a combination of the two.
The positions to be eliminated are:
- 0.50 FTE safety officer;
- 0.25 FTE senior library assistant;
- 1.20 FTE senior office assistant II;
- 0.40 FTE custodian/utility worker;
- 0.125 FTE recruitment assistant;
- 1.0 FTE faculty secretary;
- 0.25 FTE payroll officer;
- 0.85 FTE graphic artist/print services specialist;
- 0.4 FTE admissions and registration technician;
- 0.25 FTE instructional assistant, Hatchery/ Environmental Studies;
- 0.5 FTE assistant manager, fitness center; and
- 1.0 FTE director, Marketing and Outreach.
The reductions will become effective June 30, or 45 days following service of notice, whichever date is later. Given the uncertainty of Gov. Brown’s budget, it is unknown whether the board can rescind some or all of those reductions later.
Chester girls lose final game of season
“Well, we didn’t really play that well the first half,” said Chester girls’ basketball coach John Potter on the Lady...
Tigers’ season ends with loss to Modoc
Portola, the No. 11 seed in the Division V basketball playoffs, traveled to sixth-seeded Modoc last Wednesday to compete in...
Special turkey hunting opportunities offered in CDFW’s North Central Region
Feather Publishing 3/7/2014 Hunters seeking opportunities during the upcoming spring turkey season can visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Upland...Read More...