Remember When for the week of 8/3/2011

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian

75 YEARS AGO.........1936

Joy Belle Jackson assumed the duties of Plumas County Librarian this week succeeding Mrs. J. Watson, who resigned. Miss Jackson and her mother have taken residence at the Lasswell House on Jackson Street in Quincy.

50 YEARS AGO.........1961

Five days of entertainment will be offered at the Plumas County Fair next week including a stage show “Show Boat Follies” on opening night in the grandstand area.

25 YEARS AGO.......1986

Plumas Unified School District announced this week that Shepard Porter has been hired as principal at Greenville and Taylorsville Elementary Schools.

Ten Union Pacific Railroad cars were derailed near Belden last Saturday. Six of the freight cars that overturned contained automobiles while four cars that slid down the embankment were empty.

10 YEARS AGO.........2001

Work on the Dame Shirley plaza park in Quincy continued this week as several cement picnic table slabs were poured at the site located adjacent to the Plumas County courthouse and across from the brick Feather Publishing Company/ Feather River Bulletin building.

Local aviator Frank Nervino of Beckwourth died Aug 1 at the age of 88.


Contact Us
Local Events
Building Contractor

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}