STREET ROD ACTIVITIES
Come join the fun at the 26th annual Street Rod Extravaganza! This Friday, Sept. 9, Chester’s Main Street will be alive with classic cars and great music, including a “sock hop” at the Main Street Coffee Bar. The fun continues Saturday, Sept. 10, with the car show in Chester Park. Best of Show, People’s Choice and the Red Myers Memorial Award will be presented along with first and second place awards in a variety of categories. A Poker Run cruise through Lake Almanor West and a Poker Walk from a host of merchant locations will also be available.
Also this Friday put on your comfy walking shoes and come to the Second Friday Wine Walk in Old Town Chester.
Buy your ticket and enjoy a taste of local or special wines and some good food along the sidewalks of Chester’s historic Old Town. You’ll find shopping, food, entertainment, art and lodging in a safe, fun, friendly area.
Carol’s Cafe and West Shore Deli at Prattville will be having “theme dinners” every Friday during September. Call or check out her ad in the newspaper to find out what will be served. Owner Carol Franchetti also serves her Old-Fashioned Fried Chicken dinners on Sunday nights. Reservations are recommended.
NEW RANCHITO MOTEL SIGN
John and Tracy Wixted, owners of the Ranchito Motel in East Quincy, have completed the design and installation of a new sign, giving the motel a new look. Other improvements include new beds in the rooms, offering increased comfort for their guests. Cartoon character magpies Heckle and Jeckle sit atop one of the new signs.
- Ken Muir and Dick Biri of Dicken’s Drilling in East Quincy will be celebrating their 20th anniversary this month.
- Julie Brecht, owner of The Sug’r Shack in Westwood, is celebrating a successful one-year anniversary, as she continues to provide the community with a variety of fresh and delicious fast food and a great place for kids as well as adults to enjoy.
- Tom and Sonia Goss, of Tom Goss Insurance/Farmers Insurance Group, celebrated their 25th year in business during July. Sonia has become a notary public. Tom is a football coach at Quincy High School.
- Congratulations to Fran Gray as she celebrates her ninth anniversary as proprietor of Back Porch Consignment, retailer of home decor, furnishing, collectibles and antiques.
- Kathy Holden, owner of Tidbits, in Canyon Dam, is celebrating her first year anniversary, offering a wonderful variety of gifts and goodies, ranging from custom crafted jewelry, hand blown Egyptian perfume bottles and diffusers, gourmet snacks, Alaskan smoked salmon, nuts, crackers, Jelly Belly jelly beans, imported English teas, pottery, handcrafted totes, Pendleton blankets, throws and pillows with Native American designs and more!