75 YEARS AGO........1937
A special Feather River Wonderland Highway dedication edition was published this week by the Feather River Bulletin depicting and illustrating the fulfillment of the completion of the Feather River Highway and its dedication to be held on August 14 at Grizzly Dome.
50 YEARS AGO.........1962
Work is progressing fast on the new addition to the Grange Hall in Taylorsville,
Work began this week to increase the elevation of Lake Almanor. When the job is complete 18 months hence, the lake's surface will be 20 feet higher. The project will involve moving one million cubic yards of dirt.
25 YEARS AGO..........1987
The Massack Highway rest stop outside Quincy is closed for refurbishment and will probably will open in time to close for the winter according to Cal Trans representatives.
Official groundbreaking was held this week for a 2,300 square foot addition to the Plumas County Museum in Quincy. The addition will be added to the main museum building and carriage house and will be used for storage and display. Loren Kingdon of Indian Valley was awarded the contract.
10 YEARS AGO.......2002
Demolition is underway at the Collins Pine Mill in Chester as the mill undergoes major reconstruction of the existing facilities to create a new state of-the-art mill. The mill was first built and began operations in1943.
The recent (July 11) microburst wind storm in East Quincy caused $57,000 in damages at the Plumas County fairgrounds in Quincy. The 80 mile per hour winds destroyed fencing, building roofs and damaged the historic Peppard Cabin on the grounds.
Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.