75 YEARS AGO.....1937
William Yuhas, scheduled to stand trial in Plumas County Superior Court for the second time for the murder of Scott Bayes at Keddie July 13, will plead guilty of murder in the second degree. The first jury to try Yuhas was discharged after deliberating 21 hours and could not agree on a verdict.
75 YEARS AGO........1937
Incorporation of Quincy as a city was favored in a resolution adopted by the Quincy Chamber of Commerce this week.
Property title to a triangular lot at the junction of Main Street and Lawrence Street in Quincy by J.D. Harrison of Massack was transferred to him this week and he plans to build a service station on the property.
75 YEARS AGO.............1937
A new $4,000 stream-lined school bus has been ordered from a San Francisco manufacturer for the Plumas School District’s Graeagle to Portola route. It will be equipped with heaters and a transmission radio. The present bus will be transferred to the Sierra Valley to Portola route.
A Division of Highways work order was received by the state highway maintenance department of Plumas County this week calling for the center line striping of the new Feather River Highway to be started Monday.
75 YEARS AGO.........1937
John Spooner, Plumas County treasurer from 1898 to 1915, has died at his Auburn home. After he left that Plumas County position, he was at Plumas County Bank for two years and then owned a clothing store in Quincy before moving to Auburn in 1922.
The third day of jury selection for the jury trial of William Yuhas on a charge of murdering Scott Bayes at Keddie July 13 was held at the Plumas County courthouse this week. The accused was in the courtroom flanked by his attorneys Stanley Young and William MacMillan.
Page 16 of 44