75 YEARS AGO..........1937
The Plumas National Forest this week started planting 50 miles of trees: Ponderosa and Jeffrey pines extending 50 miles located on the Feather River Middle Fork slopes of Meadow Valley where fires years ago destroyed all forest trees.
Art students at Plumas County schools are working on sketches for the new Kilpatric Grocery Store trademark. The contest, in which cash prizes are offered, is expected to furnish the store with a company design that can be used as a trademark for newspaper advertising and general public recognition.
75 YEARS AGO.....1937
William Yuhas, scheduled to stand trial in Plumas County Superior Court for the second time for the murder of Scott Bayes at Keddie July 13, will plead guilty of murder in the second degree. The first jury to try Yuhas was discharged after deliberating 21 hours and could not agree on a verdict.
75 YEARS AGO........1937
Incorporation of Quincy as a city was favored in a resolution adopted by the Quincy Chamber of Commerce this week.
Property title to a triangular lot at the junction of Main Street and Lawrence Street in Quincy by J.D. Harrison of Massack was transferred to him this week and he plans to build a service station on the property.
75 YEARS AGO.............1937
A new $4,000 stream-lined school bus has been ordered from a San Francisco manufacturer for the Plumas School District’s Graeagle to Portola route. It will be equipped with heaters and a transmission radio. The present bus will be transferred to the Sierra Valley to Portola route.
A Division of Highways work order was received by the state highway maintenance department of Plumas County this week calling for the center line striping of the new Feather River Highway to be started Monday.
Page 16 of 44