Fire officials say Bucks Lodge fire accidentalFeather Publishing3/3/2010
Fire officials said Tuesday the fire that destroyed historical Bucks Lake Lodge, two outbuildings and the owner's adjacent cabin residence started accidentally near the wood-burning stove in the lodge.
The fire occurred around 4:30 a.m., January 20, 2010, and firefighter efforts were severely hampered by heavy snow. The area was accessible only by snowmobile and snow cat.Cal Fire Official Nikole Melo said in an e-mail the investigation had been concluded and the fire originated near the wood-burning stove.
In a phone interview, owner Rebecca Gutierrez said she and her husband plan to rebuild the lodge, though "it will take awhile."
See next week's paper for the full story.