75 YEARS AGO........1937
Incorporation of Quincy as a city was favored in a resolution adopted by the Quincy Chamber of Commerce this week.
Property title to a triangular lot at the junction of Main Street and Lawrence Street in Quincy by J.D. Harrison of Massack was transferred to him this week and he plans to build a service station on the property.
75 YEARS AGO.............1937
A new $4,000 stream-lined school bus has been ordered from a San Francisco manufacturer for the Plumas School District’s Graeagle to Portola route. It will be equipped with heaters and a transmission radio. The present bus will be transferred to the Sierra Valley to Portola route.
A Division of Highways work order was received by the state highway maintenance department of Plumas County this week calling for the center line striping of the new Feather River Highway to be started Monday.
75 YEARS AGO.........1937
John Spooner, Plumas County treasurer from 1898 to 1915, has died at his Auburn home. After he left that Plumas County position, he was at Plumas County Bank for two years and then owned a clothing store in Quincy before moving to Auburn in 1922.
The third day of jury selection for the jury trial of William Yuhas on a charge of murdering Scott Bayes at Keddie July 13 was held at the Plumas County courthouse this week. The accused was in the courtroom flanked by his attorneys Stanley Young and William MacMillan.
75 YEARS AGO............1937
Maintenance of the old Bucks Ranch Road between Oroville and Quincy was relinquished to Plumas County this week by the State Division of Highways. It had been made during construction of the Feather River Highway by the state, being officially classified as a detour route.
Effect of the newly opened Feather River Highway on traffic between Reno and Quincy is pronounced and increased, with volume going from ten vehicles per hour to 60 vehicles per hour.
Page 8 of 36