75 YEARS AGO..........1938
An explosion of a gasoline engine set fire to and destroyed the tank house from which Vinton homes draw their water supply Sunday afternoon.
Main Street Quincy will be the route of the Feather River Highway through Quincy when the complete artery is finally competed from Keddie to the county seat.
50 YEARS AGO..........1963
Wells Fargo Bank will host a grand opening in its new bank branch building located in the Miner’s Exchange Building on Main Street in Quincy, formerly the assay office. It is located across the street from the original Wells Fargo agency that opened in 1864 when the population of Quincy was 600.
25 YEARS AGO..........1988
On Saturday, more than 80 people attended the dedication of the newly constructed Quincy Ranger District office located off Highway 70 north of Quincy. It includes a heliport, NASA station and engineering department.
10 YEARS AGO..........2003
Crescent Mills was declared a disaster area by the Plumas County Office of Emergency Services due to a cave-in located at the Green Mountain Mine, the small community’s only source of water for more than 50 years.
Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.