75 YEARS AGO..........1938
The Hotel Quincy Grill, closed since January for extensive remodeling, will reopen this evening. An entirely new kitchen has been installed in the brick house formerly used for storage. This was connected by a new room to the main hotel building. A new cold room in the basement will be kept at temperatures of zero degrees allowing the restaurant to serve oysters in the middle of summer.
50 YEARS AGO..........1963
Linda Sharp of Quincy was named Queen of the Silver Buckle Rodeo in Taylorsville at the Fourth of July rodeo.
The Quincy office of the Wells Fargo Bank has had 160 depositors and $80,000 in deposits to date since it opened three weeks ago.
The Plumas County Board of Supervisors approved two new subdivisions this week: Hamilton Branch Subdivision and Dimick-Dyer Subdivision.
25 YEARS AGO..........1988
The Plumas County Board of Supervisors officially voted to change the name of the Chester Airport to Rogers Field in honor of Harold Rogers, founding father of the airport in 1946. He was the airport manager and had an aircraft mechanic business building there for 18 years.
10 YEARS AGO..........2003
The 54th annual Taylorsville Silver Buckle Rodeo was held last week with a total of 230 cowboys and cowgirls participating and competing in the rodeo event.
Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.