USFS continues underburn northeast of Quincy
Burn Notification – Plumas County, Plumas NF, Mt Hough RD
Project Name: Empire Underburn, Unit 2
· Agency Contact: Ryan Bauer (530) 283-7673, or (530) 394-8007
· Descriptive Location: T25N, R10E, Section 33. Approximately 4 miles northeast of Quincy, CA.
· Type of burn: Underburning
· Total Acreage: 150 acres
· Planned Ignition: Feb. 5, 2014
· Duration of Ignition and Smoke Production: 2-3 Days when active
· Estimated Direction of Smoke Travel: north
· Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Smoke will be visible from the communities of Quincy and East Quincy. Careful monitoring will occur to prevent any serious impacts within these areas.