Fire officials say Bucks Lodge fire accidental

Feather Publishing
3/3/2010 

Fire officials said Tuesday the fire that destroyed historical Bucks Lake Lodge, two outbuildings and the owner's adjacent cabin residence started accidentally near the wood-burning stove in the lodge.

The fire occurred around 4:30 a.m., January 20, 2010, and firefighter efforts were severely hampered by heavy snow. The area was accessible only by snowmobile and snow cat.

Cal Fire Official Nikole Melo said in an e-mail the investigation had been concluded and the fire originated near the wood-burning stove.

In a phone interview, owner Rebecca Gutierrez said she and her husband plan to rebuild the lodge, though "it will take awhile."

See next week's paper for the full story.


Visitor counter, Heat Map, Conversion tracking, Search Rank
Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • Image
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex
PlumasDiningCoverWeb