Indian Valley Editor
3/5/2010 Jessica Schrader and her three youngest daughters watch and wait outside the home where they think a fire started inside the wall of the girls' bedroom.
No one was hurt at 130 Church Street, where a family with five girls aged 22 months to 9 years must now find a new home.
Mother of the four youngest girls, Jessica Schrader smelled smoke that morning after the two oldest children were off to school.
She sniffed around the home and outside trying to find out where the smell was coming from, but she did not know for sure until wisps of smoke began seeping through the wall of her daughters' bedroom.
The home and its contents were not damaged too heavily, according to Indian Valley Fire Chief Jim Hamblin, whose volunteer firefighters had the blaze out quickly.
The home is uninhabitable though, according to property manager Tom Rogers of Feather River Properties.
The fire was an electrical one, Hamblin said.
According to Richard Babbs, tenant and father of the oldest girl, there was extensive smoke damage, especially to the bedding and clothes of the four youngest girls.
Larry Trotter of the Red Cross is expected to meet with the family about lunchtime today.
As weather warms up, golf courses open for season
Fore! That word is once again heard in the distance in Plumas County. As springtime springs into action, golf courses across...
California Outdoors for the week of 4/11/2014
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish and wildlife regulations don’t always keep up with latest technology Hunting with pellet rifles Question:...Read More...
Trojans baseball blows out Portola
Quincy’s Jake Wallace is cocked and ready to fire off a fastball. Wallace pitched the second game for Quincy at the Biggs tournament last weekend. File photo...Read More...