Plumasnews.com includes a sampling of stories that are featured in the weekly editions of Feather Publishing newspapers plus important breaking news as it happens. To get all the news that is important to Plumas County, subscribe to one of our weekly newspapers by calling 530-283-0800.
..WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON ABOVE 3000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH ABOVE 3000 FEET...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR THE WEST SLOPES OF THE SIERRA CASCADE RANGE.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 12 TO 18 INCHES OF NEW SNOWFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 3000 FEET BUT LOCALLY LOWER SNOW LEVELS ARE LIKELY.
* TIMING: LIGHT SNOWFALL WILL BEGIN AS EARLY AS MID DAY SUNDAY WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING SUNDAY NIGHT. SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY MONDAY.
* WINDS: WIND GUSTS UP TO 35 TO 40 MPH OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS COMBINED WITH MODERATE SNOWFALL WILL CAUSE WHITE OUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES.
* IMPACTS: WINTER LIKE TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL LIKELY RESULT FROM THE COMBINATION OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. THOSE TRAVELING THROUGH THE SIERRA CASCADE RANGE SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS AND WIND THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
Chester girls lose final game of season
“Well, we didn’t really play that well the first half,” said Chester girls’ basketball coach John Potter on the Lady...
Tigers’ season ends with loss to Modoc
Portola, the No. 11 seed in the Division V basketball playoffs, traveled to sixth-seeded Modoc last Wednesday to compete in...
Special turkey hunting opportunities offered in CDFW’s North Central Region
Feather Publishing 3/7/2014 Hunters seeking opportunities during the upcoming spring turkey season can visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Upland...Read More...