...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT ABOVE 6000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY ABOVE 6000 FEET FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 5 INCHES ABOVE 6000 FEET ELEVATION WITH 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER HIGHER PEAKS.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 6000 FEET.
* TIMING: TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: LASSEN VOLCANIC NATIONAL PARK.
* WINDS: LOCALLY GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 40 MPH POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DELAYS POSSIBLE AT TIMES.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Chester loses at championship
Chester’s Hunter Morris dives for the catch at the Division V championship game in Chico on May 18. Photo by Kathy Morris James Wilson Sports Reporter 5/23/2013 ...Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 5/22/2013
Heath and Tori Farrell proudly display a twenty pound Mackinaw along with a two pound rainbow they caught on a recent family outing to Bucks Lake. Photo Submited Michael...Read More...
California Outdoors for the week of 5/23/2013
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Stowing gear Question: I would like a definition of “stowed” in regard to fishing...Read More...