FRC trustees to consider classified staffing cutsMona Hill
At its meeting Tuesday, May 10, the Feather River Community College District Board of Trustees will consider a resolution eliminating a total of 6.75 full time equivalent (FTE) classified staff positions.
According to the resolution, the reasons for the cuts are either workload-related, due to budget constraints, or a combination of the two.
The positions to be eliminated are:
- 0.50 FTE safety officer;
- 0.25 FTE senior library assistant;
- 1.20 FTE senior office assistant II;
- 0.40 FTE custodian/utility worker;
- 0.125 FTE recruitment assistant;
- 1.0 FTE faculty secretary;
- 0.25 FTE payroll officer;
- 0.85 FTE graphic artist/print services specialist;
- 0.4 FTE admissions and registration technician;
- 0.25 FTE instructional assistant, Hatchery/ Environmental Studies;
- 0.5 FTE assistant manager, fitness center; and
- 1.0 FTE director, Marketing and Outreach.
The reductions will become effective June 30, or 45 days following service of notice, whichever date is later. Given the uncertainty of Gov. Brown’s budget, it is unknown whether the board can rescind some or all of those reductions later.