TEXT_SIZE

Remember When

Remember When for the week of 5/29/2013

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian
 
 

75 YEARS AGO..........1938

    Charles E. Blackman of Almanor was appointed Plumas County Supervisor this week to succeed the late Sam B. Lear by California State Governor Merriam.

    Phil Blume, 69, local hotelman, died in Reno earlier this month. He owned and operated the Plumas House at Quincy from 1917 to 1923 when it burned down later that year. Its successor, the Hotel Quincy, was re-built in 1925.

Read more: Remember When for the week of 5/29/2013

 

Remember When for the week of 5/23/2013

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian

75 YEARS AGO..........1938

    Construction of the Plumas Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative electric transmission system will begin this week. Three crews are in the field. An award for meters was awarded to an Indiana firm for $7,466.

    The Plumas County Supervisor position left vacant by the death of S.B. Lear was sought this week by C.E. Blackman of Almanor, E.H. Lilienthal of Chester and W.M.. Underhill of Meadow Valley.

Read more: Remember When for the week of 5/23/2013

 

Remember When for the week of 5/16/2013

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian
 

75 YEARS AGO..........1938

    The body of Harry Ferris, missing in the wilds of Feather River Middle Fork since February, was found this week. His body was found in the brush within 500 feet of the spot where his wife Winona died six days after they left their cabin on Winters Creek.

Read more: Remember When for the week of 5/16/2013

 

Remember When for the week for 5/8/2013

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian
 

75 YEARS AGO..........1938

    A free public use campground will be built on 10 to 20 acres of land located one mile east of Quincy between the State Highway and the rodeo grounds arena. The need for such a facility has been a concern since the opening of the Feather River Highway last August.

Read more: Remember When for the week for 5/8/2013

 

Remember When for the week of 5/2/2012

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian
 

75 YEARS AGO.........1938

    Advertisement: Get an early start on opening day of fish season and get a good start with breakfast at Capitol Cafe in Quincy and you will feel like going out after them fish. Open 24 hours a day.

Read more: Remember When for the week of 5/2/2012

 

Page 10 of 45

Contact Us
up_contact
Local Events
Building Contractor

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}