Local doctor injured in canyon crash

Update: Dr. Ben Hunt reports that his wife, Dr. Ali Hunt, appears to have escaped the accident with a fractured rib. She is being evaluated further at Enloe Medical Center in Chico.

An observant truck driver noticed dust on the south side of the Feather River Canyon as he was eastbound on Highway 70 about 1 mile east of the Greenville Wye this afternoon. After calling in the information around 2:30 p.m., a vehicle driven by Dr. Alexandra “Ali” Hunt of Quincy was discovered about 600 feet off the south side of the highway down a steep embankment. When first responders arrived, Hunt was out of the vehicle, but not visible from the roadway. She verbally responded to the CHP officer first on scene. It took rescuers approximately 90 minutes to bring her up out of the canyon. According to the CHP, Hunt suffered major injuries and was flown out of the area for treatment. Hunt was the sole occupant of the vehicle. A CHP officer was also injured during the rescue effort.

33 thoughts on “Local doctor injured in canyon crash

• July 6, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Sending prayers of strength and healing for Dr. Hunt and family.

• July 6, 2018 at 5:34 pm

So very glad she is ok. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

• July 6, 2018 at 5:35 pm

I’m praying for you ally ❤️

• July 6, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Thank You Police and Fire/Rescuers!

• July 7, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Yes, thank you to the rescue crews! God Bless you always!

• July 6, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Thank you to the truck driver and the CHP. Prayers for Ali and her family that she recovers and quickly. Thank you God she didn’t have a kid in the car.

• July 6, 2018 at 6:25 pm

I am so glad the truck driver noticed and called in. He is the first hero, Thank you. Thank you to the First emergency responders as well.

• July 6, 2018 at 6:03 pm

oh good god! please keep her safe and mending peacefully!! prayers for dr. ben hunt and dear ali!

• July 6, 2018 at 6:14 pm

I’m thinking of you Allie. Get well soon. You are in my prayers.

• July 6, 2018 at 7:18 pm

How did it happen? CHP better drug test. We know that these doctors have access to lots of meds.

• July 6, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Really????? What a stupid and thoughtless comment to make!!!!

• July 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm

How dare you!!!! You’re obviously welcome to your own thoughts and opinions, but this is one of those times when you need to have a filter and keep them to yourself. Law enforcement will do their job without you telling them how.

• July 6, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Thumbs up to Quincy Community. I think we can assume CHP have some idea how to do their job. It looked to me from the scene that there was a well skilled, finely tuned machine of people working together for the best possible outcome. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

• July 6, 2018 at 8:34 pm

That seems a bit cruel at this time. You don’t need to talk that way. People are hurt. Think twice, cut once. Please.

• July 6, 2018 at 8:54 pm

And she’s pregnant moron, she’s not a drug user!

• July 6, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Thank you lonely internet troll for showing us that ignorance and immaturity do in fact survive into adulthood. I was deeply concerned those traits left us when we graduated elementary school.

A sincere thank you to a community that has continued to show compassion when it matters the most. Prayers to the Hunt family. You have a special place in our hearts.

• July 6, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Anyone that would say such a thing about her doesn’t know the first thing about her. Its next level ignorant to even imply such a thing about her.

• July 6, 2018 at 10:27 pm

This ugly comment has a very familiar tone to it………… how many other anonymous names do you use to be hateful?

• July 7, 2018 at 8:13 am

What a mean and thoughtless thing to say! How can you live with yourself?

• July 7, 2018 at 9:55 am

Really?! She got in an accident that could have taken her life and survived it. To make a statement like this is ignorant and you should be ashamed of yourself. Dr. Ali Hunt cares more about her family and her dedication in helping others then any doctor I’ve known. This is a doctor who is dedicated to the well being of the community as whole. She is selfless and out everybody before her own needs. She wouldn’t put her life and her practice that gives her the ability to help others on the line for anything-especially not drugs.

• July 7, 2018 at 9:58 am

So sad! You obviously don’t know Dr. Hunt at all!!! She is an excellant, compassionate physician that ALWAYS puts her patients first. I hope this never happens to you,, spewing ignorance and gossip is just pathetic and careless…

• July 10, 2018 at 12:39 pm

You should be ashamed of yourself. Absolutely disgusting remark. If you knew Ali at all you would realize she is an absolute angel. How dare you sully her name by saying something like this?

• July 6, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Our prayers are with you and your family. May the Lord bless you with a speedy recovery.

• July 6, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Bill and I are so saddened and sorry to learn of this terrible accident. Ali, you and your family are in our prayers. We hope you heal quickly and completely. I survived a serious accident in the canyon too and it takes awhile to get over. Bless you and your family.

• July 6, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Thanking God for the observant truck driver who was able to get help for Ali and for those who rescued her. Praying Ali will heal quickly and that God will continue to comfort and bless her family.

• July 7, 2018 at 11:57 am

Dr Ali, our heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Wishing you a rapid recovery at Enloe M.C.

• July 7, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Will be praying for you and your family

• July 7, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Hope you are as good a patient as you are a great Dr. Take care see you soon.
    David

• July 7, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Oh, my dear niece. I love you so much. Please heal fast. I wish I was there to help.

• July 8, 2018 at 11:28 am

I’m so glad tp hear that you’re ok Ali. I saw the accident scene, and was heartbroken when I saw your car. Of course I was concerned for anyone who might have been in that accident, but to be someone you know makes it hit home all that much more. Lots of love to the whole Hunt family!

~ Ami

• July 9, 2018 at 7:06 pm

I love Quincy folks! I’m so grateful to be alive & that no one else was terribly hurt. My love & prayers go out to brave rescuers who hurt their bodies & knees scaling up and down that cliff to help me. Thank you: courageous, skilled rescuers – who do this every day!!
    Thanks for sticking up for me dear friends. Unfortunately, the wreck’s cause was a very boring move to switch on my podcast, drove onto shoulder & then over-corrected. 3 busted ribs, small vertebral fracture, negligible pneumothorax, & doing great. Unfortunately, y’all are stuck with me for a bit longer!

• July 9, 2018 at 10:12 pm