Plumas News

Plumas County News

Vehicle into tree closes down roadway

Photo by Mike Taborski

Emergency personnel work to extricate a woman from a red pickup after it collided with a tree Friday afternoon around 3 p.m. According to a witness, the driver who was eastbound on Highway 70 west of La Porte Road, failed to negotiate a curve and traveled across the westbound lane, off the roadway and into the tree, at an estimated speed of 40 mph. It took rescuers approximately 90 minutes to extricate her. Care Flight’s helicopter landed on Highway 70 at the scene of the accident to airlift her to Renown Medical Center. The identity of the driver has not been released. More information will be available in next week’s newspaper.

6 thoughts on “Vehicle into tree closes down roadway

• April 20, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Wow

• April 22, 2018 at 8:49 am

I don’t live in Quincy but I am actually thankful for seeing this post on facebook Plumas news this is how I found out about my moms accident, not one law enforcement agency contacted any of the family. So I saw this and headed to Reno Friday evening.

I am so thankful to the person who called this in and the team who worked so hard to get my mom out and saved her life. Thank you all for your amazing work.
    My mom is still not out of the woods but we have the most amazing team working on her. So thankful to still have her.
    God bless you all!

• April 23, 2018 at 8:33 am

did not know this was Kerry till I got a call last night. She is my neighbor and I pray for her recovery. It is not the same going outside and she and I yelling good mornings and getting into a discussion on who has pissed us off in the last 24hrs….she is one of a kind and I miss her. Going to go see her soon and yes also heard how the authorities did not contact ANYBODY…..that is BS and they had her purse and info on who she is and where she lives….Praying for her and family!!

• April 22, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Hollie Costas….thank you for the update, we’re always left wondering how the accident victim is. I hope your mom continues to recover and I’m sure she is glad you are there.

• April 24, 2018 at 10:35 am

She is still in critical condition but had surgery to fix her femur which was broken in two separate locations, she had face reconstruction and she is on a ventilator for as long as needed. She is still unconscious and probably will be for sometime. We are not out of the woods but everyday she is improving.

• April 27, 2018 at 7:20 pm

She’s a great friend of mine. I’m SO THANKFUL she survived & is improving. Please, please keep me posted because I can’t get to see her for a week or so. Prayers to everyone.

Comments are closed.