NewLogo

Remember When for the week of 7/18/2014

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian

75 YEARS AGO.....1939

It was reported that 275 patients passed through the Plumas County Hospital from July 1, 1938 through June 30, 1939.

The Mt. Hough Road which connects Quincy and Taylorsville has been widened and graded by the United States Forest Service and provides a scenic trip between American and Indian Valleys.


50 YEARS AGO.....1964

The governing board of the Plumas Unified School District denied a request to establish a kindergarten class in the Feather River canyon.

Groundbreaking ceremonies were held this week for the new 7,000 square foot $80,000 Elks Lodge hall in East Quincy.

25 YEARS AGO.....1989

After a three month search, Feather River College trustees announced that Donald J. Donato, currently president of Niagara County Community College in Sanborn, New York, will be the new president of Feather River College, replacing Joe Brennan, who will retire December 31.

10 YEARS AGO.....2004

The Chalet View Lodge on Highway 70 in Maybe has opened, featuring 28 rooms, six cabins and a Starbucks Coffee store that will remain open all year long.

Headline: “Leaning Tower”: Paxton’s outdated and old redwood water tank located next to the railroad tracks above the Paxton Lodge in the Feather River canyon will be replaced with a new 15,000 gallon steel tank. The current water tower tank leans due to the 12-14 trains that rumble past each day.

Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.





Peepers-Button
Building Contractor
PlumasDiningCoverWeb
Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • Image
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex
AlmanorHolidayBtn
VGCover