All records lost in Bucks Lodge Fire
Feather Publishing 3/9/2010
Anyone with reservations is asked to contact the Bucks Lake Lodge, as all records were destroyed in the fire. Reservations can be confirmed or refunded by sending a copy of the yellow receipt along with proof of payment to P.O. Box 236, Quincy, CA 95971.
Read more: All records lost in Bucks Lodge Fire
PUSD schools open, buses running a little slow
3/10/2010 - 6:00 a.m.
All schools in the Plumas Unified School District are open Wednesday and starting on schedule, however, buses will be running a little slow this morning due to the snowy conditions and the chain requirements in all areas.
Read more: PUSD schools open, buses running a little slow
Lassen Volcanic National Park offers ranger led snowshoe walks
Join a ranger on Saturday, March 13 for a special snowshoe walk at the Manzanita Lake area near the north entrance of Lassen Volcanic NationalPark. “We are committed to First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign to increase daily exercise for a healthier tomorrow. The two programs offered at Manzanita Lake will be an opportunity for visitors to increase physical activity and experience the beauty of the park” Stated Superintendent Darlene Koontz.
Read more: Lassen Volcanic National Park offers ranger led snowshoe walks
Morning fire damages Greenville home
Indian Valley Editor
3/5/2010 Jessica Schrader and her three youngest daughters watch and wait outside the home where they think a fire started inside the wall of the girls' bedroom.
Read more: Morning fire damages Greenville home
Fire officials say Bucks Lodge fire accidental
Fire officials said Tuesday the fire that destroyed historical Bucks Lake Lodge, two outbuildings and the owner's adjacent cabin residence started accidentally near the wood-burning stove in the lodge.
The fire occurred around 4:30 a.m., January 20, 2010, and firefighter efforts were severely hampered by heavy snow. The area was accessible only by snowmobile and snow cat.Cal Fire Official Nikole Melo said in an e-mail the investigation had been concluded and the fire originated near the wood-burning stove.
Read more: Fire officials say Bucks Lodge fire accidental