The California Arts Council, a state agency, was awarded CARES Act relief funds through the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, to be allocated to their state-local partners, including Plumas Arts for distribution within Plumas County.
The purpose of these grants is to aid formally, or informally, organized groups serving socially vulnerable populations within Plumas County communities of color that are not eligible for the direct CARES Act stimulus grants.
Applicant organizations need not be a non-profit organization, but the receipt of funds requires a fiscal sponsorship arrangement with a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Unfortunately Plumas Arts may not offer these grant funds to individual artists.
In addition to providing monetary support, Plumas Arts also sees this as an opportunity to aid in the development of emerging arts-based groups within our local communities of color and assist in the delivery of art-based programs.
Plumas Arts is allowed to re-grant these CARES funds under the criteria listed below.
- Be an art-based organization or group located in and serving Plumas County residents.
- Be a non-profit organization or have a non-profit fiscal sponsor.
- Have a mission of providing arts programs to, or a primary clientele, serving persons of color in Plumas County
- Have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Not have received CARES Act re-granting support.
Deadline to apply is November 13, 2020 at 5 pm.
A short and simple application is available on the Plumas Arts website: https://www.plumasarts.org/cares-act-grants.html
Please direct any inquiries or questions to [email protected] 530-283-3402.