The Plumas County Public Health Agency announced this evening, Dec. 10, that there are seven additional coronavirus cases. Following is a breakdown:
Two residents from the Northern Region (Greenville/Indian Valley)
Three residents from the Eastern Region (Graeagle/Portola)
Two residents from the Southern Region (Quincy/American Valley)
If an exposed resident is identified during the investigation, the resident will be contacted by a member of the Public Health COVID-19 Response Team for further screening.
Earlier this week two positive tests results were reported for the Western Region (Chester/Lake Almanor); however, during the contact tracing investigation it was determined that they did not reside in Plumas County. The two individuals work in Plumas County, but do not reside in Plumas County.
The current total is 316 positive tests results; with 76 active cases. It is now known that a number of active cases are associated with Plumas District Hospital (18 staff members and 1 patient in the hospital) and at Seneca (20 staff members and 12 skilled nursing facility patients).
Plumas News is interested in talking to anyone who has/had coronavirus and is willing to share their experience. They can remain anonymous if desired. Contact Debra Moore at [email protected]
Plumas County, as part of the Greater Sacramento Region, is now part of California’s stay-at-home order. The new restrictions go into effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight, Dec. 10. The new order bans all private gatherings and encourages residents to stay at home except to obtain essential services. Here are some highlights:
- Prohibits private gatherings of any size
- Closes sector operations except for critical infrastructure
- Retail remains open at 20 percent capacity with grocery stores at 35 percent capacity
- Restaurants: take out or delivery only
- Schools can remain open; if they are already open
- Closes personal care services including hair salons/ barbershops
- Non-essential travel restricted statewide
- Requires 100 percent masking and physical distancing
- Worship and political expression are permitted outdoors