Feather River College will pay a $1,000 incentive yearly to any permanent employee who holds a valid Federal Wildland Firefighter Basic 32 “red card” or CalFire “Firefighter 1” designation. All associate faculty are similarly eligible. Temporary employees and students are not eligible. The incentive is available once per academic year as long as it is authorized by the board.
“The Board of Trustees recognizes the fire situation that exists in Plumas County,” said FRC President Kevin Trutna. “This incentive helps provide trained individuals who in turn, benefit the entire County.”
Anyone providing a copy of their valid, up-to-date certification for either of the above designations to HR Office by October 1, 2022 will receive the $1,000 incentive included in their end-of-month October 2022 paycheck.
One more date will be announced later in the spring semester to allow more employees to take advantage of this training and incentive. The intent of the incentive is to collectively increase the fire training and knowledge-base for FRC and Plumas County residents.
- For general information about the Basic 32 red card certification and course offerings, visit National Wildfire Coordinating Group orNWCG Training Catalog | NWCG. This is a nationally recognized designation and available at many locations, including FRC spring semester courses.
- For general information about the Cal Firefighter 1 certification, visit Careers. This certificate is only valid in California and offered through certified CalFire instructors.
- Questions about training qualifications or training dates can be directed to:
– Jon Dvorak, [email protected], 530-283-0202 Ext. 362
– Matt West, [email protected], 530-927-5297