Below are the current highway closures in District 2 due to the Dixie Fire (as of 2 p.m. on Aug. 20). Areas of highway closures are subject to change at any time.
- State Route 36 is closed from approximately 8 miles west of Mineral to the junction with State Route 32.
- State Route 36 is closed from the junction with County Road A-13 to the junction with State Route 44.
- State Route 89 is closed through Lassen Volcanic National Park, from the junction with State Route 36 to the junction with State Route 44.
- State Route 147 is closed from the Plumas/Lassen County line to the junction with State Route 36.
- State Route 172 is closed from the west junction with State Route 36, in Mineral, to the east junction with State Route 36.
At this time, there are no detours in place due to these closures. Please use QuickMap
(also available by free app for smartphones) to find the best alternate route to get to your destination. You can also call 1-800-427-7623 for highway condition information. Motorists are urged to check roadway conditions often as these wildfire incidents remain dynamic.
If you are traveling in a large vehicle (big rig, large recreational vehicle or commercial bus), please check this website
for route restriction information when considering alternate routes.
Please follow the Caltrans District 2 Facebook
pages for additional updates. You can also call the District 2 Public Information Office at 530-225-3426 for assistance during business hours or email us at [email protected]