Plumas Unified School District reported 26 new COVID cases this evening, Jan. 24, to kick off the new school week. The district reported 116 last week. Greenville Elementary School reopened today after being closed for a week due to 15 positive cases, and reported 2 new cases today.
The new cases reported today are broken down as follows:
- Chester Elementary School – 3 cases
- Chester High School – 0 cases
- Greenville Elementary, Taylorsville campus – 2 cases
- Quincy Elementary school Pioneer campus – 4 cases
- Quincy Elementary School Alder campus – 8 cases
- Quincy JS High School – 3 cases
- C. Roy Carmichael Elementary in Portola – 4 cases
- Portola JS High School – 2 cases
- District Office – 0 case
The Plumas County Public Health Agency is conducting the contact tracing and investigation in conjunction with district nursing staff. Impacted staff will be contacted by Public Health or by PUSD.