Members of the Butte County Board of Supervisors have recognized those in Plumas County who responded for mutual aid during last year’s devastating Camp Fire with a resolution.
Plumas County was recognized and commended for its mutual aid in disaster response and recovery effort.
In the resolution signed by Steve Lambert, chairperson of the Butte County Board of Supervisors, the following was stated:
“Whereas, the Camp Fire of Nov. 2018 is the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California History. The fire covered approximately 153,000 acres, burned nearly 19,000 homes, businesses, or other structures in the town of Paradise, and the unincorporated communities of Paradise Pines, Magalia, Concow, Yankee Hill, Pulga, Butte Creek Canyon, Butte Valley and surrounding area, and displaced nearly 52,000 Butte County residents; and
“Whereas, mutual aid personnel from various agencies throughout the state and from across the nation provided immediate action and support by engaging with Butte County’s Office of Emergency Management, and many of which continue to provide post-disaster assistance to support to the county for recovery efforts; and
“Whereas, the Butte county Board of Supervisors recognize the brave and tireless efforts of individuals who contributed skills, knowledge, time, and energy to the county of Butte, among whom were first responders from numerous agencies and jurisdictions from across the nation who worked to ensure the safety of the residents of the county of Butte; mutual aid personnel from surrounding counties and communities who worked long shifts to provide staffing in the Emergency Operations Center, including tended to the animals rescued from the Camp Fire.
“Now, therefore, be it resolved that the Butter County Board of Supervisors hereby recognizes and commends the services provided by Plumas County during the Camp Fire, and for those efforts that continue to be extended to the County of Butte during the Camp Fire recover efforts.”
The Camp Fire started Nov. 8, 2018, in the Pulga area due to PG&E lines.