Plumas Unified School District announced this evening that it as received confirmation of 10 additional positive cases of COVID-19 associated with the following schools:
- C. Roy Carmichael in Portola – 1 case
- Quincy Elementary School, Alder Campus – 4 cases
- Quincy JS High School – 4 cases
- Chester Elementary School – 1 case
The Plumas County Public Health Agency is conducting the contact tracing and investigation in conjunction with school district nursing staff. Impacted staff will be contacted by Public Health or by PUSD.
As a result of reviewing the positive case data and attendance numbers at each school site the following are updates regarding athletics and extracurricular activities for next week:
- Chester and Portola JS High Schools will resume athletic testing on Monday and Wednesday and are clear for practice and games.
- Quincy JS High School will cancel all practices, games and extracurricular activities.