Recreation district awarded grant
The Almanor Recreation and Park District is pleased to announce that in November 2018, The Collins Companies Foundation awarded a grant for capital improvements to the district.
The funding is especially welcome as ARPD was faced with a list of sizeable costs necessary for the capital improvements to the building/sheds it acquired from the Plumas County School District in August 2017.
The grant specifically stipulates that the monies are to fund capital improvements. As an unfunded Special District, ARPD receives no county funds or property tax allocations for operations or capital improvements. All revenues are earned from yearly recreational events put on by the board and their volunteers.
These revenues pay for current programs, field maintenance of the sports complex, and office operations and maintenance.
Repair costs for the needed building improvements would have seriously cut back available program funding.
ARPD has been in the process of making the following needed improvements:
– Truman Collins Sports Complex parking lot reseal, completed.
– HVAC System for ARPD office, completed.
– ARPD Office building repaint, completed.
– ARPD office building roof repair, completed.
– Replacement of the entry accessibility ramp flooring completed.
– Purchase of new desk computer monitor, completed.
The following elements will be repaired or replaced during 2019:
– Score Keeper Shed, 10×14 feet.
– Concession Stand 10×14
Office Shed, 10×18 feet.
– Interior upgrades to existing flooring.
– ARPD office parking lot reseal.
ARPD gratefully acknowledges The Collins Companies Foundation; which allows ARPD to continue to concentrate on its mission of “Growing recreation in the Almanor Basin.”
Board seeks new director
On another note, ARPD currently has an opening on its board for a new director. If you are interested in serving, contact the office at 258-2562 or email [email protected]
A description of the position can also be found on the ARPD website at yourarpd.org.