September already? Is it just me, or has summer just flown right on by?
Technically we do have 2.5 weeks left of summer and the weather in the Lake Almanor area is phenomenal this time of year — so now’s a great time to plan your outdoor activities.
Late summer / early fall is the perfect time for fishing, hunting, hiking, bird watching, golfing, biking, horseback riding, camping, boating and planning fun fall foliage adventures. We have a ton of great information available for those planning day trips or a longer visit at lakealmanorarea.com. You can also find the Plumas County Fall Color Tour Map at plumascounty.org/documents/Mapandroutes.pdf.
The date for our 3rd Annual Lake Almanor Area Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament is approaching fast. Sign up now and join us on Sept. 21 at the Bailey Creek Golf Course, for a fun 18-hole, 4-person scramble. Dinner is included and entry is limited to 36 teams. We only have a few openings left, so sign up now. If your business is interested in sponsoring a hole, please contact the Chamber a.s.a.p.
In other news, we are rolling out our first Town Coffee on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 8 a.m. We polled our members and brainstorming “A Town Plaza for Year Round Activities” was rated the #1 Town Coffee idea. If you want to take part in brainstorming this idea, you can sign up to attend on our Calendar. We will have the coffee and Danish ready for you, and the location will be sent prior to the meeting.
Here is a partial list of upcoming events and community activities you won’t want to miss:
• Sept. 5 — History Night at the Chester-Lake Almanor Museum: Northern Big Meadows & the Johnson, Stover, Olsen and Martin families, the roots of Chester
• Sept. 7 — Workshop at Blue Goose Gallery: Going Crazy with Crayons
• Sept. 7 — Art, Wine & Brew of Lassen
• Sept. 7 — Live Music at Plumas Pines Resort: TBA
• Sept. 8 — Workshop at Blue Goose Gallery: Poor Man’s Batik
• Sept. 13 — Second Fridays at Stover Landing
• Sept. 13 — Monthly Photowalk with Lassen Peak Photography
• Sept. 14 — 33rd Annual Street Rod Extravaganza hosted by ARPD
• Sept. 14 — Live Music at Plumas Pines Resort: TBA
• Sept. 19 — History Night at the Chester-Lake Almanor Museum: Great Western Power Company and the creation of Lake Almanor
• Sept. 20 – 21 — Lassen Park Field Seminar – Nature Photography
• Sept. 21 — 3rd Annual Lake Almanor Area Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
• Sept. 21 — Live Music at Plumas Pines Resort: Up Close and Personal
• Sept. 21 — Nature Photography Workshop – Lassen Park
• Sept. 23 — Mt. Jura Gem & Museum Society Meeting: Taylorsville & the Little White Church
• Sept. 25 — Lake Almanor Area Chamber of Commerce Town Coffee: “A Town Plaza for Year Round Activities” brainstorming session
• Sept. 26 — 14th Annual CHS Boosters Tri-Tip Dinner
• Sept. 28 — Live Music at Plumas Pines Resort: Rickety Bridge
Continue submitting your events to our Community Calendar at lakealmanorarea.
com/calendar.html, and check back often to see what’s new.
And as always, enjoy playing in the Lake Almanor Basin — your Base Camp to the Northern California Outdoors.