The Seneca Healthcare District announced this afternoon that it has received an additional 50 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccine received is the mRNA-1273 vaccine also known as the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. SHD anticipates that with this current shipment of vaccinations, it will complete progress through Group 1a tier 1, and move into tiers 2 and 3 in Group 1a according to guidelines developed by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
As CDPH continues to define and clarify which individuals are included in each group, SHD will continue to follow guidelines and update the public accordingly.
As determined by the state, the current vaccine priorities are Group 1a in tier 1 which includes the following:
- Acute care, psychiatric and correctional facility hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and similar settings for older or medically vulnerable individuals
- Also, in concordance with ACIP, residents in these settings
- Paramedics, EMTs and others providing emergency medical services
- Dialysis centers
Group 1a, tier 2 includes:
- Intermediate care facilities for persons who need non-continuous nursing supervision and supportive care
- Home health care and in-home supportive services
- Community health workers, including promotoras
- Public health field staff
- Primary Care clinics, including Federally Qualified Health Centers, Rural Health
- Centers, correctional facility clinics, and urgent care clinics
Group 1a, tier 3 with other settings and health care workers, includes:
- Specialty clinics
- Laboratory workers
- Dental and other oral health clinics
- Pharmacy staff not working in settings at higher tiers
Once vaccines are administered to all three tiers in Group 1a, SHD plans to move to group 1b, which is not yet fully defined at this time.
According to the Plumas County Public Health Agency, it may include individuals 75 and older, as well as frontline essential workers.Group 1c may include persons aged 65-75 years, persons aged 16-64 with high-risk medical condition, and other essential workers.