Seneca Healthcare District has implemented updated visitor guidelines according to California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidance in response to recent COVID-19 surges.
Every visitor, regardless of vaccination status, will be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms. A well-fitting face mask is required to be worn upon entry and at all times within the facility.
All vaccinated visitors will be required to show proof of vaccination using one of the following methods:
• Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered); OR
• a photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
• a photo of the client’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic
• documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider; OR
• a digital record that includes a QR code, that when scanned by a SMART Health Card
reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
Please bring your photo ID for verification of identity.
All unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors must provide documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test where the specimen collection occurred within 72 hours of each visit. The following will be required:
• The test results must be available at the time of entry to the facility.
• The test can be either an antigen or a PCR test.
• Visitors need to make their own arrangements for testing through a primary care provider or obtaining an at-home test. SENECA WILL NOT BE PROVIDING THIS AS A COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE.
Visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition, in which death may be imminent, are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements, however, must comply with all infection control and prevention requirements applicable for indoor visits, including COVID-19 screenings.
For those who would like to read the full guidance from CDPH please see