UPDATED 9 a.m.: Quincy Fire is reporting that no one lived at the Harlem Club, and it’s believed that a squatter started the fire when she attempted to use a barbecue that was located there. In all about 30 firefighters responded to the scene including those from Quincy, Meadow Valley, Greenhorn, Long Valley, Indian Valley and the Forest Service. Plumas District Hospital also responded.
Plumas County Sheriff’s Office has released a statement sharing that on Monday, June 26, at 2:46 a.m the Plumas County Sheriff’s dispatch center began receiving 911 calls reporting a structure fire in the 300 block of East Main Street in Quincy.
It was quickly learned the structure burning was commonly referred to as the “Harlem Club.”
Emergency personnel were immediately dispatched and responded. Upon arrival, deputies contacted a female occupant of the structure. Subsequent investigation revealed the fire is believed to have originated from a residential barbecue situated on the front porch of the structure, subsequently spreading rapidly throughout the entirety of the building.
No injuries were reported. PCSO would like to thank the Quincy Volunteer Fire Department and all other mutual aid agencies for their quick response, which likely prevented the spread of the fire to nearby structures and forestland.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.