I want to thank everyone involved with our 5th Annual Plumas County Veterans Stand-down which took place on August 26th-27th, 2022, at the Springs of Hope Fellowship Church, located in Quincy. We served approximately 197 veterans, not including their spouses and family members. We once again partnered with Healing California, who delivers the staff and equipment for free dental, medical and vision care to those in need in California. According to Healing California, seventy-five patients were seen for vision care and ten patients were seen for Dental. Healing California provided over $26,000 in total services. We also provided free military gear and brand-new boots, lunch, and gave away free food for those in need.
I want to thank all the exhibitors who help our service men and women and all the volunteers who dedicated their time to make the Veterans Stand-Down a success. I also want to thank all the optometrists, dentists, and hygienists who volunteered their time for those who need it.
I want to thank the following donors for their contribution to our Stand-Down:
- Holiday Market – Chester, CA
- Grocery Outlet – Quincy, CA
- VFW Post #3825 – Quincy, CA
- American Legion Post #568- Greenville, CA
- Plumas Crisis Intervention Resource Center – Quincy, CA
- The Community Assistance Network – Quincy, CA
- The Sierra Valley Grange – Vinton, CA
- The Quincy Elks Lodge – Quincy, CA
- Plumas County Veterans Services – Quincy, CA
- Springs of Hope Fellowship Church- Quincy, CA
- The Yuba-Sutter Veterans Stand-Down
I would like to close with an appreciation and acknowledgment to the Springs of Hope Fellowship Church. Thank you for allowing us to use your church to bring these much-needed resources to out local veterans.