Plumas Sierra County Fair and Feather River College Art Program announced the 2017 Panel Painting Marathon artistic event that will take place during the Plumas-Sierra County Fair, which runs Wednesday through Sunday, Aug. 9 through 13.
Seven artists will be chosen to each paint a panel eight-by-eight feet. The panels will have to be painted on-site during the fair beginning Thursday, Aug. 10, and finishing by the end of Saturday, Aug. 12.
The seven chosen artists will need to take into consideration the theme “Agriculture” and the painting will have to be related to the theme. Organizers will provide the panels ready to paint. The panels must be painted on site and cannot be moved. Prizes will be publicly announced on Sunday, Aug. 13, at the fair. Artists must be present in order to receive an award.
The event is open to anyone with the ability to paint an eight- by-eight-foot panel in three days. Teams formed by two artists will also be accepted. Chosen artists must be able to paint on-site surrounded by a busy fair. The public will see painters showcase their techniques during the fair.
The seven participants will each be awarded $300 for materials and accommodations. Artists are able to camp at the fairgrounds free of charge.
The awards given on Sunday will be first prize, $1,000; second prize, $500; and third prize, $250.
To apply, send the following documents as a single PDF file to [email protected] by June 30:
1. Contact information: name, address, phone number, email address and website address, if applicable.
2. Design with the proportions of a square (panel will be eight-by- eight feet), designed by hand or digitally. Up to three designs will be accepted from artist or team of artists.
3. Art statement related to submitted design (one page maximum).
4. Images of five past related artworks.
5. Image list of those past related works with title, year, material, budget and location.
6. CV (two pages maximum).
For more information, contact Rafael Blanco at [email protected] before Friday, July 14.