Caltrans is warning motorists to plan for delays along multiple routes in proximity to the Dixie Fire, as emergency repair and debris removal operations continue. Currently, motorists should plan for up to 60-minute delays and lane closures:
- at multiple locations along State Route (SR) 36 between Mineral and Susanville
- from the junction of SR 89/36 to the junction of SR 89/70
Currently, the closed roadways in proximity to the Dixie Fire include:
- SR 89 is closed through Lassen Volcanic National Park, from the junction with SR 36 to the junction with SR 44.
- SR 44 is closed from the SR 89 South Lassen Park Entrance to County Road A-21.
- SR 89 is closed from the junction with SR 299 to the junction with SR 44.
This current schedule and delay times will allow the contractor to maximize the amount of material removed from the fire damaged areas between traffic openings. This effort will help expedite the project with anticipated completion prior to the arrival of inclement weather conditions. The recovery work does not have an anticipated completion date at this time.
Caltrans District 2 and contractor partners thank the local communities and traveling public for their continued patience as vital repairs continue to be made along multiple routes impacted by the Dixie Fire.