[the_ad_placement id=”banner-right-placement”]

[the_ad_placement id=”banner-left-placement”]

Garage fire

Originally called in to the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office as a home fully engulfed by flames with someone still inside, firefighters who responded to the 4:20 a.m. Oct. 23 fire on Fourth Street were relieved to learn it was actually a garage fire, said QFD Chief Robbie Cassou. It was ashes from the stove that the homeowner dumped inside a plastic garbage can in front of the garage that eventually spread to that part of the home. Cassou said the fire pretty much destroyed the garage but the house only received some smoke. Besides QFD, Meadow Valley, Long Valley and Greenhorn fire departments responded for what was believed to be a house fire. Photo by Victoria Metcalf

[the_ad_placement id=”banner-left-placement”]