It’s an election year and the seven elected county officials, as well as two county supervisors, will be on the ballot.
The in-lieu filing period is underway. Elected officials and supervisorial candidates can file petitions for signatures in-lieu of filing fees. These petitions serve to lower the cost of filing for candidacy, and to demonstrate support for the candidate.
The following local offices will be on the June 7 Primary ballot. If an individual has picked up in-lieu filing fee packets, it is so noted.
- County Supervisor District 3 (Chester/Lake Almanor): Tom McGowan
- County Supervisor District 5 (Graeagle/East Quincy): Incumbent Jeff Engel and Mimi Garner
- Assessor: Incumbent Cindie Froggatt and Amy Hendrickson
- Auditor – Controller
- County Clerk – Recorder – Registrar of Voters
- District Attorney: Incumbent David Hollister
- Sheriff – Coroner: Incumbent Todd Johns
- County Superintendent of Schools
- Treasurer – Tax Collector: Incumbent Julie White
Of note, current Auditor-Controller Roberta Allen has resigned her position to serve in Sierra County, and the current Superintendent of Schools Terry Oestreich is retiring at the end of this school year.
The filing deadline for the Petition in Lieu paperwork is Feb. 9, and the Candidate filing period begins Feb. 14. The deadline for filing documents is 5 p.m. on March 11. The primary is June 7 and the General Election is Nov. 8. More information can be found at