The Plumas County Board of Supervisors authorized a number of department heads to fill open positions during the Sept. 6 meeting of the board, including four positions with Public Health.
“This the type of the iceberg,” Public Health Director Dana Loomis told the board. “These four are in addition to those (job openings) already posted. Loomis said his department is competing with other counties, the state and the private sector for workers and that “wages here are significantly lower across all levels of staff.”
Loomis added, “We need to be more nimble, flexible and competitive to recruit and retain,” and said he would be bringing a reorganization plan to the board.
Loomis said the issues that his department faces aren’t unique and are being encountered by other departments as well.
Following are the job openings that the board authorized to be filled today:
- Behavioral Health and Administrative Services Officer
- Behavioral Health Alcohol and other Drug Program administrator
- Public Health administrative assistant
- Public Health administrative services officer
- Public Health extra help office assistant
- Public Health program division chief
- Public Works lead worker in LaPorte maintenance district