The Plumas County Sheriff’s Office presented an evacuation update during last night’s Dixie Fire briefing, but due to a technical issue, some questions weren’t answered. Here is a rundown of those questions as well as the most recent evacuation information. There is an important for those in Indian Valley who have not yet evacuated — there is still an opportunity to leave.
– There is no immediate plan to evacuate Quincy, we will continue to monitor the fire and assess often.
– There is an evacuation plan in place for every community under a warning, we continue to monitor this to ensure evacuation routes remain available and are safe.
– If you have remained in Indian Valley, please evacuate to the north, via Hwy 89 to Hwy 147. Although this area is under a mandatory evacuation order, you can still leave to the north.
– Hamilton Branch remains under a warning.
– Damage assessments are and will continue to be conducted when safe to do so.
– Currently there are over 4,000 Plumas County Residents under a mandatory evacuation order.