Plumas Unified School District reported 42 COVID cases yesterday, and today added a minimum of 14 more (based on more testing completed yesterday).
These are the numbers reported today:
- QJSHS 11 (yesterday 26 were reported)
- PJSHS 3
- CJSHS unconfirmed positive cases at this time
This morning school officials met with the Plumas County Public Health Agency and the California Department of Public Health. They then met with the Governing Board Ad Hoc Committee (Joleen Cline and Dave Keller) to share the administration’s recommendation, and ultimately with their approval, to invite the state’s Outbreak Response Teams Mobile Testing Services to Quincy next week.
The services will include COVID-19 Binex NOW testing for all students and staff in Quincy on Tuesday, Oct. 12 and Wednesday, Oct. 13. The testing is a free resource, voluntary, convenient and on each school site. Additional details will be shared next Monday.
The district is also planning additional testing at the following sites:
- Monday, Oct. 11 – collaboration between Seneca Hospital (SH), Eastern Plumas District Hospital (EPDH), Plumas District Hospital (PDH) and Plumas Unified School District (PUSD)
- Chester JSHS students and coaches
- Quincy JSHS students and coaches
- Portola JSHS students and coaches
- Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Quincy students via CDPH Mobile Testing Team
- Wednesday, Oct. 13
- Chester JSHS students and coaches SH and PUSD
- Quincy JSHS students and coaches via CDPH Mobile Testing Team
- Portola JSHS students and coaches via EPDH, PDH and PUSD
As a result of the positive cases, all extracurricular activities, including athletics, are canceled for Quincy, until Monday, Oct. 18, at a minimum.
Football is canceled in Chester and Portola, at minimum, until Monday, Oct. 18. The district hopes to offer those activities again as soon as it is safe to do so.
For students that are unable to attend school due to a positive test or identified as a close contact, students should continue their coursework by accessing their class Canvas page. For families that would like a more long-term option not on campus, Independent Study is available, with transfer to an Independent Study teacher, for 15 days or more.