The recreation district in Quincy and the charter school are discussing an agreement for the school to use the district’s facilities.
A memorandum of understanding will be discussed this Tuesday, Oct. 27, at 11 a.m. during the regular meeting of the Central Plumas Recreation and Park District outside of the recreation district office on Fairgrounds Road in Quincy. Attendees should bring a chair because the meeting is held outside to accommodate physical distancing.
The draft document calls for Plumas Charter School to be able to access the following:
- Pioneer Park Pavilion
- Pioneer Park Turf areas
- Pioneer Park Playground
- Pioneer Park Restroom
- Pioneer Pool Facility
- Pioneer Sport Court Complex
- Lowell Bader Park in Meadow Valley
The following is a sample of the school’s recess and lunch schedule:
- 10-10:30: K-2: 50 Students, three adult supervisors
- 10:30-11: 3-6: 60 Students, four adult supervisors
- 11-11:30: 7-8: 40 Students, two adult supervisors
- 11:30-12: K-2: 50 Students, three adult supervisors
- 12-12:30: 3-6: 60 Students, four adult supervisors
- 12:30-1:30: 7-8: 40 Students, two adult supervisors
- 1:30-2:30: 50 students, two-three adult supervisors
- 2:30-3:30: 50 students, two-three adult supervisors
In turn, the recreation district could use facilities at the charter school, which could be built on property adjacent to the recreation district.
At one time the rec district considered charging Plumas Charter $22,000 for the facilities’ use to offset maintenance and staff costs, but that charge is no longer included in this latest document. Both entities would be responsible for repairs to the other’s site for “extraordinary property damage.”
Additionally, both would carry insurance to cover their usage of the other’s site.
While a draft agreement that circulated earlier this year called for a 10-year term ending in 2030, the document to be discussed Tuesday sets the term for one year until Jan. 1, 2022.
The contract cannot be terminated “at will” during its term unless the contract has been breached in some manner.