- Hillcrest Safety Roadside Rest Area (State Route 299, 4 miles east of Montgomery Creek, Shasta County)
- Massack Safety Roadside Rest Area (State Route 70, 6.5 miles east of Quincy, Plumas County)
- Lester T. Davis Safety Roadside Rest Area (State Route 70, 3 miles east of Portola, Plumas County)
- Shingletown Safety Roadside Rest Area (State Route 44, 3 miles east of Shingletown, Shasta County)
- Lake Almanor Safety Roadside Rest Area (State Route 36, 4.3 miles east of Chester, Plumas County)
Beginning Nov. 1, the following District 2 Safety Roadside Rest Areas will be closed for the winter season. The anticipated reopening date for these rest areas is May 1, 2022:
These five facilities are closed seasonally as maintenance crews focus their time and efforts on the roadways over the winter months. Hazardous conditions from ice and snow are present in these areas during the winter season, which also can lend to plumbing issues at these facilities.
Please note that the Hillcrest and Shingletown Safety Roadside Rest Areas are currently closed due to a groundwater well pump replacement project. These rest areas will remain closed through the winter season.