With the campaign for Plumas County Supervisor District 3 winding down, I want to take this opportunity to thank all who have supported Tom McGowan. For those of you who have not made up their mind yet or have not voted, I would like to share some insight with you about Tom.
1. Tom, if elected will be a full-time Plumas County Supervisor and present at ALL board meetings and associated functions on day one.
2. Tom, if elected will NOT be otherwise employed during his tenure in Plumas County or any other county. His sole focus will be that of a Plumas County Supervisor.
3. Tom will be an asset to the current board and not a potential liability. He knows and understands the often complicated issues of being a County Supervisor and the time sensitive issues that are often presented to the board. Tom will be an effective team member of the Plumas County Board of Supervisors. He will draw on his PAST experience in county government and will continue to LEARN as he helps guide Plumas County not to the right or the left, but straight forward.
4. Tom is a negotiator, a communicator and he believes that face-to-face interaction with constituents, board members, department heads and county employees is of the utmost importance. He embraces all the benefits of our current technology but feels it it no substitute for being present.
Tom has heard the concerns of the Almanor Basin and will bring those issues to the board.
1.Affordable housing 2.Reliable workforce 3.Reliable Internet, 4.More funding for Law Enforcement, 5.More funding for Public Works (road repairs and snow removal) 6.County Staffing Shortages,7.Joining an Economic Development District, 8.More Funding for our Chamber and Community Based Organizations,9.Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), 10. Behavioral Health
These are just the Top Ten (not in order of priority) in a long list of issues Tom will bring forward to the board. He will continue to ask the tough questions.
6. Tom has a solid history of helping balance and approve county budgets. His past and present county government is NOT compartmentalized . He understand the many aspects of helping run a county.
7.Tom would like to see at least 3 board meetings per year held here in Chester. The constituents of the Almanor Basin deserve to speak and be heard by all of the Plumas County Supervisors on our own turn. This is not a new concept.
8. Tom has a long history of working with CSAC, California State Association of Counties (as a director) and RCRC, Rural County Representatives of California (alternate director). These relationships will be extremely beneficial to Plumas County. Tom’s years of Economic Development experience will also aid in the recovery process for Plumas County.
9.Tom will serve you with honesty,transparency and accountability. You the residents of the Almanor Basin deserve nothing less. Tom will respect your differences and recognize all the issues you agree on.
Now some of you will ask how can I make all these statements? Well I have had the privilege of seeing many of these actions take place in real time, not just reading about them on Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. You see, I have been married to this amazing man for 42 years and counting. Through the years I have had a front row seat and watched Tom devote his time and energy to critical county issues past and present that he has helped resolve. This is who he is and what he does. He is what one might call “The Real Deal”. He will serve you with humility,respect and dedication. In my humble opinion (IMHO) Tom will be and outstanding Plumas County Supervisor.
Thank you for allowing me to share.